Crazy Cressmans

I am at teachers college developing my identity as a teacher. Here you can join this journey as well as finding out what else I'm up to in my (sparse) spare time.

Thursday, March 01, 2007

Winter Storm

I've been saying all year now that Toronto is a bubble. We hardly ever get snow here, and it's always warmer than other parts of the province. Well, today we got dumped on. I don't know the statistics, and probably it's still only a lot by Toronto standards, but I was very happy to be a pedestrian today. Walking home from school there were lines of cars everywhere: mostly in a parked state. I don't know why anyone ever wants to live more than a walking distance from their work. It's just not worth it. Long live my own two feet!

1 Comments:

Blogger Jen said...

It took me an hour and a half to get from Don Mills and Lawrence to Don Mills and Sheppard tonight. One of my co-workers gave me a ride to Fairview Mall, but the TTC buses that we saw along the way arrived at the same time we did. The subway ride was great though! :)

It's nice to live close to work if you can, but that's often not an option. (Even if my work was moving soon, there's no way I'm living 2 kms away from Flemington Park). And living near Mike's work is just a tad expensive, polluted and icky.

8:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home