Crazy Cressmans

I am at teachers college developing my identity as a teacher. Here you can join this journey as well as finding out what else I'm up to in my (sparse) spare time.

Sunday, January 07, 2007

January Crossword

Welcome back to the monthly crossword, which we put together just in time for yet another month. No posts since last time, so just to fill you in, we had a busy time working up to the Christmas season and then we had lots of fun with family and friends over the holiday. Of greatest note was that I had the pleasure and honour of being a groomsman in Mathieu and Sarah's wedding. Unfortunately I was somewhat ill at the time, but the wedding was so beautiful and happy that I was significantly cheered up out of my sickness misery.

Well then, on to this months crossword. Again, as in December, we tried to make it relatively easier than previous crosswords so that you all might be inclined to try it. And this month we have a special challenge (it was even more a special challenge in creating it!) Please identify the hidden Prime Minister in the crossword and post your answer in the comments section. Remember, a surname or given name alone is not sufficient. Also a round of applause for Melissa's spectacular grid creation is in order. Ok, enjoy the crossword.

3 Comments:

Blogger Miftis Micoon Mertancikanto said...

WELLL ABOUT TIME!!! Seriously, a whole month of waiting!! About time you post something!

8:05 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Finished the crossword with lots of electronic help. Is that cheating. Never did figure out the *venerable* island. Whatever the connection is between that and sri, I could not figure out. Couldn't find CBC in Montreal either but every thing else fits. So there. Only hidden prime minister I could find seeings as the purplemartin didn't qualify was PETrudeau.

8:36 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi there,

Guess what - I actually started your crossword yesterday aft. and finished it yesterday aft. as well. Of course I had already read a couple emails to dad, so the hidden prime minister I knew already, which was helpful. also knew the "English Rose" from dad talking about it.

Just a couple things that were misleading - you say you want comments!!

12 across - "2 words should be behind Prime Minister. I was trying Harper, Tupper, Turner, etc. until I knew none of those fit.
46 across - haven't a clue who Janie is, but Annie I would have known.
49 across - should have abb. behind it. I thought of the answer right away, but it didn't say abbr.

Will look forward to the next one - this one wasn't quite as hard as the previous ones. Of course, dad came along and rubbed out any that weren't right as well, so that helped me out.

till next time,

Mom C.

8:21 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home