Crazy Cressmans

I am at teachers college developing my identity as a teacher. Here you can join this journey as well as finding out what else I'm up to in my (sparse) spare time.

Sunday, November 19, 2006

Andrew Preaching at Riverdale

This morning I gave the message at Riverdale Mennonite Church (The church I grew up at and that my parents still attend). This was an opportunity to report on some of the experiences I've had volunteering for organizations involved in peace building (CPT), street outreach (Lazarus Rising), and offender ministries (Circles of Support and Accountability). I was also trying to challenge that congregation to continue in the work that they do and seek new ways of following God in their day to day lives. I have never given a talk of that nature before, and I always get very nervous and anxious getting up in front of people to speak. Anticipating this, I've been asking people I know for the past couple weeks to think of and pray for me this morning. I want to thank every one who did, and it really did make a difference! I was very anxious all week, but this morning when I actually got up to speak, I was calm, collected, and (relatively, for me) well spoken. Everyone seemed to appreciate my message, although it remains to be seen if it actually inspires anyone to get involved in something new. I believe it will. My own involvement has always been inspired by hearing others speak about their experiences.
If you want to know what I said, let me know and I'll e-mail you a copy of my notes.
Act Justly, Love Mercy, and Walk Humbly with your God.
A

3 Comments:

Blogger Jen said...

Can you please email them to me?

(Melissa, I hope that you weren't too much of a problem heckler...)

3:57 PM  
Blogger dm said...

yeah! email to me too!

also andy, you wouldn't believe how many people on my delegation are hear because they heard some one from cpt speak. you really can make a difference with your sharing!

we talked about hope tonight, stay hopeful. :)

peace out,

3:33 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It was a really awesome talk, Andy. So many good comments from people after. I was honoured to hear you put it all together for us. Thanks for your time and effort and willingness to do it. I would encourage you to present it again in other churches and settings.
(Sorry it's taken till Jan. for me to remember about your blog!!!

And yes, prayer certainly helps. Glad you felt the presence of peace due to other's prayers.

Love

Mom C.

8:30 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home