Crazy Cressmans

I am at teachers college developing my identity as a teacher. Here you can join this journey as well as finding out what else I'm up to in my (sparse) spare time.

Saturday, August 12, 2006

Toronto Islands

This afternoon we decided to see what all the fuss was about over at the islands (these islands form a belt that encloses a natural harbour at which downtown Toronto is built). We waited in line for the ferry for about half an hour. On route we got some great views of the city skyscape:

We rode our bikes around the islands and discovered that they are full of parks, fountains, a lighthouse, Flintstone style bikes, and more. It is definitely a gem of Toronto. We recommend the Toronto Islands to anyone wanting to get out of the city for an afternoon to relax on a beach or under a shade tree. Centre Island is really crowded with people, but the rest is really nice.

Some who know us may be familiar with Andrew's "obsession" with the Canadian Broadcasting Corporation. A tradition began on our honeymoon in Newfoundland to get a picture of Andrew in front of the CBC building in each provincial capital we visit. Well, we've lived here for a whole year now, and finally here is the Toronto pic:

2 Comments:

Blogger Jen said...

We like the Islands too - Mike and I went a couple of years ago.

Nice CBC pic. Did you go to the Museum? You can watch old reruns of Fraggle Rock there.

12:24 PM  
Blogger Miftis Micoon Mertancikanto said...

Number 1! There is no such thing as great views of city skyscape!!! Number 2! I am not in a city so I never "want to get out of the city" and furthermore I NEVER want to be IN a CITY!!!!!!! To bad your obsession Andrew has you in it.... It ruins the pic.... hehe! :)

7:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home