We have applied for MCC
We are starting this blog as a means of communication in the eventuality that we ship off to another continent with MCC. We had our eligibility interview on Tuesday and it went well, so we are waiting to see where we'll end up. MCC has already suggested a teaching assignment in Uganda. You can check out the description if you Click here (thanks Sasha for the direct link!)
Please tell us if you think this is a good position for us.

7 Comments:
Hey, I think it's great that you two applied for MCC. My parents did that shortly after they got married and they have many wonderful memories of it. I hope it works out for you guys.
That's an awesome opportunity! I'll miss you two like crazy, but I'm so glad that you're open to serving God no matter where he leads you.
It looks good, and I think both of you would be good at it. I thought you were going for the Kenya position working with Ten Thousand Villages. Change your mind?
The Kenya position was already filled by the time we went for the interview. Now we are looking at other assignments.
Hi, Andy and Melissa,
You are indeed in an exciting time of your lives, trying to find God's will for you right now. May you experience His direction in a very real way as you discern what opportunity is best suited to you and your skills. I'm excited for you.
You asked for my response to your Blog - Mark couldn't find it the first night but he did find it last night.
In Uganda - it sounds like quite an interesting challenge, I would say. Since neither of you have had Teacher's College, just wondering how you would go about knowing how to teach large numbers of students over there - would they give you the course outlines, and you would follow them, or do you have to come up with it all??? Would Melissa teach English or Math? I'm assuming Andy would teach Science! How do you think it would go and do you think you are up to that challenge. I think it would be great to use your skills in this way if it wouldn't be to overwhelming.
My prayers are with you as you continue to dream and plan and continue talks with MCC. God be with you and keep you!
Love
Mom
Here's a direct link. Best of luck!
I can't believe I've missed out on this blog for so long! Woot MCC!
Post a Comment
<< Home