Crazy Cressmans

I am at teachers college developing my identity as a teacher. Here you can join this journey as well as finding out what else I'm up to in my (sparse) spare time.

Saturday, June 24, 2006

Christian Peacemaker Teams Delegation

I am joining a CPT delegation to Kenora from July 28 to Aug. 6. I don't know much more yet, but the issues in that community are around racism and descrimination toward Aboriginal People. I look forward to developing my peacemaking skills and learning more about that community.

-Andrew

P.S. I had the pleasure to meet James Loney on thursday at a monthly peace vigil here in Toronto that began in response to him being kidnapped in Iraq in November. It is continuing on to maintain a public witness to the thousands of Iraqis held in American military prisons with no charges and no due process. We were thankful that Jim was able to be with us.

4 Comments:

Blogger Miftis Micoon Mertancikanto said...

That's not very long, I thought it would be for longer. Is Melissa going too? or what is she doing while you're away?

7:50 PM  
Blogger A&M said...

It is a short term delegation. I would have to do a 4 week intensive training program to go on a longer CPT mission. Melissa will probably spend a lot of time at her parents cottage during that time.

9:08 PM  
Blogger Jen said...

And you're moving during that time too - you certainly live up to the "crazy cressman" title. :)

Seriously though, I am so proud of your committment to peacemaking. God be with you!

11:56 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

so cool! *jealous* maybe some day I will be as cool, I can only hope. Best of luck and have fun learning!

1:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home