Christmas Caroling
When I was at the concert last Saturday and I was talking to my friend afterwards, somehow I managed to mention that I can (try to) sing tenor. She immediately got into recruiting mode to have me join her group of friends who every year carol on Bloor street for a couple hours to raise money for charity.
This is how Melissa and I ended up in front of a Shopper's Drug Mart in the West End singing carols in the chilly first day of winter air. Well, fortunately it was actually quite mild today and we didn't get frostbite. We had some arrangements that were somewhat older than those found in the Blue Hymnal, so I had to fake my way through it. Many a passerby praised us for our great sound (no thanks to me I'm sure - hey anyone sensing an inferiority complex here yet?). We had cars stuck in traffic rolling their windows down to hear us.
Anyway, we were out there for almost two hours and we ended up raising $627 for the Daily Bread Food Bank.
Labels: City Life

1 Comments:
Yay! I like happy stories! :D
Any thoughts on Lent?
-dm
Post a Comment
<< Home